The Sask. Ministry of Education's Prekindergarten Program is a developmentally-appropriate early childhood education program for three and four year old children. Children who would benefit most from enhanced programming are prioritized for enrolment.
The half day program has a qualified teacher who provides play-based programming for 16 children for 10 months of the year. Programming focuses on holistic child development: social - emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual development.
1. Brochure (Overview of PreK program) : To see brochure scroll to bottom of this page.
2. Map of Regina Public Schools PreK programs (currently in 24 schools)
3. Application form for Regina Public Schools
5. Play and Exploration: Early Learning Program Guide
6. Better Beginnings, Better Futures: Effective Practices, Policy and Guidelines for Prekindergarten in Saskatchewan.
7. Family Days
8. Transportation of Prekindergarten students
RPS kindergartens build on the Sask. Ministry of Education early learning principles, paying particular attention to the environment and the roles of conversations and play in children's learning experiences. The teacher facilitates inquiry through children's play. Environments are carefully designed to inspire children to wonder, ask questions, and be curious. Environments that promote the holistic nature of children's learning encourage independence, responsibility, and participation.
RPS hosts a kindergarten program in all of its elementary schools. Please contact the school nearest you for more information.
Early Learning Research
Contact Information: Juanita Redekopp-McKeown (firstname.lastname@example.org or 306.523.3136)